Wattie’s Spin to Win the Wheel of Happiness New World Promotion 2018 - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Wattie’s Spin to Win the Wheel of Happiness New World Promotion 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Conditions of entry
a) By entering the ‘Wattie’s Spin to Win the Wheel of Happiness New World Promotion 2018’ (Promotion) entrants accept these terms and conditions.
b) Entry to this competition is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 or older.
c) Employees of the Promoter and their partners and agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
d) Entry into this promotion is free.
2. Promoter details
The promoter is Heinz Wattie’s Limited of 513 King St North, Hastings 4122, New Zealand (Promoter).
3. Participating Stores
The Promotion will be conducted in New World stores on the North and South Islands of New Zealand (Participating Stores), operated by Foodstuffs NZ, including Foodstuffs North Island Limited, Foodstuffs South Island Limited and Foodstuffs NZ Limited (Foodstuffs).
4. Key dates
Entries open at 00:01 NZST on 30 April 2018 and close at 23:59 AEST on 20 May 2018 (Promotion Period).
5. How to enter
a) To enter, entrants must do the following during the Promotion Period:
- Purchase any six or more Wattie’s products in one transaction from any Participating Stores (Qualifying Purchase); and
- Scan their New World Clubcard (Clubcard) at the time of purchase.
b) Limit of 1 entry per Qualifying Purchase.
c) Entrants must retain a purchase receipt for each Qualifying Purchase as proof of purchase.
d) Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. Promoter is not responsible for failure to receive any entry for any cause beyond its reasonable control.
e) Entrants must have a valid Clubcard with complete and up to date account details (including phone number) to be eligible to win.
f) The Promoter may verify the validity of entries and may disqualify entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
6. Invitation Draw
a) Entries will be grouped according to whether they were lodged in a North or South Island New World store. All entries lodged in North Island New World stores will go into one invitation draw (Invitation Draw North) and all entries lodged in South Island New World stores will go into another invitation draw (Invitation Draw South) (together Invitation Draws).
b) Both Invitation Draws will be conducted on 28 May 2018 at Loyalty New Zealand (Fly Buys), Level 4 NZX Centre, 11 Cable Street, Wellington, New Zealand by a representative nominated by Foodstuffs by random electronic selection.
c) The first valid entry drawn from Invitation Draw North and the first valid entry drawn from Invitation Draw South will be invited to attend the Main Event (Invitees).
7. Notification of Invitee
a) Wattie’s will contact the Invitees by phone within five days of the Invitation Draws by using the contact details registered with New World.
b) If, for any reason, Wattie’s is unable to make contact with the Invitees within 5 days of the Invitation Draws, another Invitee may be drawn on the same terms and conditions as the original Invitation Draws. This process will continue until Wattie’s is able to contact an Invitee. Wattie’s may require the Invitees to submit a photograph of their proof of purchase for verification purposes.
c) The Invitees must be available to attend the Main Event in person. The invitation to the Main Event is not transferable and no proxies or nominees are permitted.
d) Invitees are responsible for arranging travel to and from the Main Event, and any other costs associated with attending the Main Event.
8. Main Event
a) Invitees win their chance to attend a Spin to Win event (Main Event).
b) The Invitees may elect to have the Main Event held at their local or selected New World store or at a location of their preference acceptable to the Promoter. This along with the time and date of the Main Event will be discussed and mutually agreed upon when each Invitee is notified they have won their chance to attend the Main Event.
c) At the Main Event, the Invitees will be requested to spin a wheel which will be divided into eight segments. There are four different prizes available, each of which is allocated two segments on the wheel.
d) The four prizes available to be won at the Main Event are as follows:
- A cheque or direct credit for NZ$20,000 (identified on the wheel as "CASH").
- The winner may opt to receive their prize by cheque, which will be delivered to the winner's chosen address and will require a signature at the time of delivery; or by direct credit, in which case the prize will be sent to the winner's nominated back account.
- One travel voucher to be lodged at a travel agency as nominated by the winner to the value of NZ$15,000 and a cheque or direct credit for NZ$5,000 (identified on the wheel as "HOLIDAY ESCAPE").
- The travel voucher is valid for 12 months once it has been lodged at the nominated travel agency.
- Participation in travel is subject to third party terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing flights, accommodation and/or any other goods and services purchased with the travel voucher (Third Party Terms).
- The winner/s and his/her nominated travel companions are responsible for compliance with all applicable terms and conditions (including Third Party Terms) and bear all risks associated with any failure to comply with them. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to the winner and/or any nominated travel companions who, as a result of any failure to comply with any terms or conditions (including Third Party Terms), are unable to participate in the trip (or any part of it) or suffer any other loss or damage.
- The winner/s may be required to sign an indemnity form before participating in the trip.
- One car valued at a maximum of NZ$20,000 (incl. GST) (identified on the wheel as "CAR").
- The brand, model, size and other specifications of the car will be chosen in the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- The actual cost of the car may be less than NZ$20,000 (incl. GST), in which case the winner will also receive the difference between the price paid for the car and NZ$20,000, to be paid by cheque.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any ancillary costs in relation to the car, including, without limitation, any on-road costs, optional extra costs, registration, insurance, service and maintenance costs.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any faults with the car or damage caused to the car.
- The purchase and use of the car, including related goods and services, may be subject to third party terms and conditions. The winner is responsible for compliance with all applicable terms and conditions and bears all risks associated with any failure to comply with them.
- The car will be purchased from a local car dealer, to be picked up by the winner directly from the car dealer.
- 16 x NZ$1,250 New World vouchers (identified on the wheel as "GROCERY VOUCHERS"). The vouchers will be delivered to the winner's nominated address monthly for 16 months and will require a signature at the time of delivery. Total value NZ$20,000.
e) The Invitees each have one chance to spin the wheel. Once the wheel is in motion the Invitee (or any other person) must not touch, handle or interfere with the wheel in any way. The Promoter’s instructions must be followed at all times and its decision is final.
f) The segment on which the wheel stops represents the prize the winner will receive. If, when the wheel stops, it is not clear which prize has been won, the Promoter will direct the Invitee to spin the wheel again.
g) The Main Event may be videotaped for verification and marketing purposes.
h) The prize will be delivered to the winner as described in 8(d) above within 28 days of the Main Event.
9. Total prize value
Total prize value is NZ$40,000, which is comprised of:
- NZ$20,000 in respect of the Invitation Draw North; and
- NZ$20,000 in respect of the Invitation Draw South,
and is inclusive of any applicable GST or other taxes.
a) Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prize value is in New Zealand dollars, based on recommended retail prices, includes GST and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. If the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions from gaming authorities.
b) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, place of residence and proof of purchase). Proof of identification, age, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
c) The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant where it has reason to believe any entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions including failing to provide proof of purchase, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights are reserved, including the right to recover damages or other compensation arising from such conduct.
d) If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this promotion or their winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its affiliates and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
e) The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies involved in this promotion take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit. The Promoter will not be responsible for any delay or failure to deliver, or damage caused to the prize during transit.
f) All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
g) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights under these terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
h) The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize or Main Event if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate or attend the Main Event.
i) If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the full extent permitted by law, to vary, suspend or cancel this promotion.
j) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), the Promoter (including its directors, officers, employees and agents), Foodstuffs and the Promoter’s affiliates and corporate partners exclude all liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or any prize or participation in, acceptance or use of any prize.
k) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implication that may arise from the prize winnings. The winners must seek independent financial advice on the taxation implications of the Prize.
l) By participating in this promotion, entrants grant a perpetual worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free licence to the Promoter to use and sub-licence the use of any copyright (including future copyright) in and to any entry submitted. To the extent that an entrant has any moral rights in their entry, the entrant hereby provides consent for the Promoter and its licensees to do any act or omission that would otherwise infringe that entrant’s moral rights. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that his or her entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
m) Clubcard terms and conditions apply. Terms and conditions are available at http://www.newworld.co.nz/clubcard/clubcard-terms-and-conditions/clubcard-terms/.