Terms and Conditions for Wattie’s 85th Year Promotion
- By entering the Wattie’s 85th year promotion (Promotion) entrants accept these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter of this promotion is Heinz Wattie’s Limited of 513 King St North, Hastings 4122, New Zealand and Woolworths NZ Limited (Promoter).
- The promotion commences 00:01 NZST on 20 May 2019 and closes 23:59 NZST on 9 June 2019 (Promotional Period).
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents who currently reside in New Zealand and are aged 18 years or older.
- Entry into this promotion is free. This promotion is open to Onecard holders shopping at Countdown supermarkets, owned by Woolworths NZ Limited, 80 Favona Rd, Favona, Auckland (Participating Store). Entrants must have a valid Onecard with complete and up to date account details (including phone number) to be eligible to win.
- Onecard terms and conditions apply: https://www.countdown.co.nz/onecard/onecard-terms-and-conditions
Method of Entry
- To enter, entrants must do the following during the Promotion Period:
- Purchase any five or more Wattie’s products in one transaction from any Participating Store (Qualifying Purchase); and
- Scan their Onecard at the time of purchase.
- Limit of 1 entry per Qualifying Purchase.
- Entrants must retain a purchase receipt for each Qualifying Purchase as proof of purchase.
- For the duration of the Promotional Period, Countdown customers with a Onecard will receive one entry into the prize draw by either scanning their Onecard or entering their Onecard details at the time of purchase.
- For the avoidance of doubt, customers will not be eligible to participate in this promotion if they do not swipe or enter their Onecard details at the time of purchase. Entries will not be accepted on a retrospective basis after the time of purchase.
- The Promoter may verify the validity of entries and may disqualify entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- 85 Prezzy® cards to the value of $500 each will be available to be won (The Prize).
- Prezzy® card terms and conditions apply: https://www.prezzycard.co.nz/terms-conditions/
- All scanned Valid entries received during the Promotion Period will go into a draw for a chance to win the Prize.
- A random electronic draw of all entries will be conducted by Countdown at 80 Favona Rd, Mangere, Auckland 2024 on 24 June 2019 (Prize Draw).
- The first 85 valid entries drawn will be the winners of the Prize. Subject to Winner(s) clauses 4 and 5, the Prize will be delivered by New Zealand Post.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email using the details listed on the Onecard database. If we are unable to reach you by telephone or email, we will send you a letter notifying you. It is up to entrants to ensure that their relevant details on the Onecard database are correct. Details can be updated via the website www.countdown.co.nz/onecard or by phoning the call centre on 0800 40 40 40.
- In the event a winner cannot be contacted, (that is, cannot be reached by telephone and/or does not respond to email) within a week of the Prize Draw, we will send the winner a letter giving a further 3 weeks from the date of the letter to get in touch with us. If we still do not get a response following our letter, a winner will be redrawn on the same terms as the original draw.
- The winner will have their details published on the Countdown website for 2 weeks following the draw date. By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to his or her name and/or photograph being used for such publicity purposes as reasonably determined by the Promoter. The winner agrees to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose, without compensation. The winner can be viewed at https://www.countdown.co.nz/onecard/onecard-competitions/onecard-competition-winners
Exclusions and Liability
- The Promoter and Woolworths NZ Ltd will not be responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems. The Promoter and Woolworths NZ Ltd take no responsibility for the Prize being lost or damaged in transit. Once the Prize has left Promotors’ premises, Promoter will not be responsible for any delay or failure in delivery.
- The Promoter and Woolworths NZ Ltd and their related companies, employees and agencies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with entering this promotion or claiming/winning any prize, or availing themselves of any prize, except as required by law.
- The Promoter and Woolworths NZ Ltd are not responsible for the transmission or receipt of any incorrect information associated with entries, either caused by user error or any equipment or programming malfunction associated with the promotion.
Use of Personal Information
- All entries remain the property of the Promoter.
- For the purposes of notifying the winner, Progressive may pass the winner’s contact details to the Promoter’s agency.
- By entering this promotion, entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
General Terms and Conditions
- By entering into this Promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you have complied with all of your obligations under the Onecard terms and conditions. The Promoter and Woolworths NZ Ltd reserve the right to deem that your entry is void should you fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry. The Promoter’s decision is final.
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, acts or omissions of third parties, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.