Tell Your Friends
Want to share this page with a friend? It’s easy. Just complete the form below and we’ll do the rest.
Please be aware that the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 does require that you, as the sender, have ensured your friend is happy to receive this message before it is sent. By continuing, you confirm to us that the recipient has given such consent.
Time & Serves
- No. of Serves:
- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cook time:
- 30 minutes
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 chorizo or spicy sausage, sliced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
420g can Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup
400g can Wattie's Mexican Style Tomatoes
500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
250g firm white fish, cut into pieces (Hoki, Lemon fish)
250g raw prawn meat
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat a dash ofoil in a large saucepan and add the onion, celery and green pepper and cookover a moderate heat, stirring frequently until the vegetables are soft but notbrowned.
2. Add chorizo,thyme, bay leaf and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add Wattie’sCondensed Tomato Soup , Wattie’sMexican Style Tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil.Reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
4. Add theprepared seafood and continue simmering until the seafood is just cooked, about3-6 minutes. Stir through the chopped parsley and serve in bowls accompaniedwith crusty bread.
Note: There aredifferent types of chorizo, for a mild spicy heat use a milder sausage. Forthis recipe we used a very spicy chorizo which gives a smoky spicy hot note to thegumbo.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 chorizo or spicy sausage, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 420g can Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 400g can Wattie's Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 250g firm white fish, cut into pieces (Hoki, Lemon fish)
- 250g raw prawn meat
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley